Despite being very close to the Kathmandu valley, Langtang is a splendid trekking area with treks ranging between 7 to 10 days. The Langtang trek starts with the forest line and goes all the way up to the alpine line to its range of plus 7000 meters of snow capped Himalayan Peaks.
The Langtang Valley has long been a favorite trek due to its expansive views, interesting Tamang culture, relatively gentle pace and accessibility from Kathmandu. The 2015 earthquake and subsequent landslide had an enormous effect on the region, but aid and reconstruction have recently reopened this valley to trekking again. Not only is it still a beautiful trek, your visit will also provide vital support for local livelihoods.
Langtang Valley Trek offers a majestic view of mountains with panoramic landscapes. It is top 3 most visited trekking destinations in Nepal alongside Everest Base Camp Trek and Annapurna Base Camp Trek. Basically, this trek is exciting with picturesque views of the beautiful village that lies within the Langtang National Park.
The trek starts at the small town of Syabru Besi. You will trek through magnificent forests to the high alpine meadows and yak pastures around Kyangjin Gompa (a Buddhist monastery). After an (optional) day hike up to the top of Kyangjin Ri (peak), where the 360-degree views of the Himalayan mountains are truly spectacular, you retrace your route back down the valley and drive back to Kathmandu.
Langtang Valley Trek Facts:
|10 nights / 11 days
|Langtang Region, Nepal
|Easy to Moderate
|Kyanjin Ri – 4773m
|Tribhuvan International Airport
|English Speaking Trek Guide + 7 days hiking + Kathmandu City Tour.
Langtang Valley Trek Highlights
- Scenic road drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi
- Visit to Langtang village and Kyanjin Monastery
- Panoramic view of the mountain from Kyangjin Ri
- Home land of snow-capped mountains, waterfalls and several suspension bridges
- Amazing Langtang Lirung and Kimshung glaciers
- Old and significant Buddhist monasteries, stupas and monuments
- Visiting the cheese factory and hike to Tserko Ri
- Thick and green forests and meadows
Day 02: Kathmandu sightseeing tour.
Day 03: Drive to Syabru Bensi (1450m).
Day 04: Syabru Bensi trek to Lama Hotel (2480m).
Day 05: Lama Hotel trek to Langtang (354om).
Day 06: Langtang to Kyanjin Gompa (3900m).
Day 07: Day hike up to Tsergo ri(4985m) and back to Kyanjin Gompa.
Day 08: Trek back to Rimche.
Day 09: Trek to Syabrubensi.
Day 10: Drive back to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Day 11: Final departure to home.
- International & domestic airport transfers.
- 3 nights accommodation in Kathmandu with Bed and Breakfast plan.
- 9 breakfast, 7 Lunch, 8 dinner during the trip.
- Kathmandu Sightseeing by professional English speaking tour guide.
- Kathmandu – Syabrubesi – Kathmandu private jeep.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner as mention in itinerary.
- Twin sharing accommodation while on trekking.
- Professional government license holder English speaking trekking guide.
- Sleeping bag and duffel bag during the trek. (Refundable after finish the trip)
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Oxymeter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily
- 1 farewell dinner in Kathmandu
- All government and local taxes.
- All entrance fees for sightseeing places
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks.
- Your international flights
- Nepal visa fees & airport taxes
- Personal travel insurance (strongly recommended)
- Gear or equipment for your trek
- Personal expenses along the trek
- If you would like to ride on pony
- Tips for your city guide, drivers, hotels, restaurants, etc.
- Extra night accommodation then mention plan
Where is Langtang?
How difficult is Langtang Trek?
How long is the Langtang Trek?
How far is Langtang from Kathmandu?
What is Langtang National Park famous for?
Best Time to Go for Langtang Trek
The best time to do 10 Days Langtang Valley Trek is between the months of October and December, as they provide the clearest skies. The next best is from March to May. It is possible to do the trek in other months, but ask us and we’ll give you advice and information regarding those times.
Accommodation, Food And Drink Facility
The Langtang Valley had been very well set-up with plenty of comfortable lodges. While the earthquake and landslide destroyed many in certain towns in Langtang Village. Plenty of other settlements were less affected and good options are still plentiful. The standard here is good, with warm blankets, fireplaces, comfortable beds, the occasional hot shower (for an extra fee) and a variety of food. Don’t forget to try the momos in this region, as they are larger and more pastry-like than those commonly found in the capital.
The Langtang Trek | Documentary
Getting travel insurance
It’s always better to be safe than sorry. Especially for an intense experience like Langtang Valley Trek , I recommend purchasing travel insurance for your own peace of mind. There has been numerous insurance company of choice because of their comprehensive health coverage with 24/7 medical emergency assistance. As well, the process to making claims is super easy and smooth!
An amazing scenery, in our opinion Langtang is one of the most beautiful shorter treks in Nepal out of ones we’ve done so far ( Mardi Himal, Poon Hill and Panchase trek. Local people are extremely friendly and welcome and try to make your stay comfortable. It’s a great route to do as an acclimatization trek before attempting more challenging routes, e.g. we did it a couple of days before going to Everest Base Camp.
Final thoughts about the trek
Local people are extremely friendly and welcome and try to make your stay comfortable.
It’s a great route to do as an acclimatization trek before attempting more challenging routes, e.g. we did it a couple of days before going to Everest Base Camp.
It’s a more off the beaten track route; there are tourists here but not as many as on the Poon Hill trek or the Annapurna Circuit.
The only dislike about the trek is transportation. Getting to Langtang from Kathmandu is an exhausting journey. It’s just 120km but it takes 7-9 hours by bus to get there, the road is terrible and the bus makes hundreds of stops along the way. I believe it’s faster by jeep. We took buses both ways because it was much cheaper.