Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trek is an unbelieveable journey and is a longer version of the classic “Everest Base Camp Trek” witout fly to Lukla. Instead you are driven to the village of Jiri and start the trek from there.
You will experience fantastic nature and culture, you will see the most magnificent sunrises and sunsets, you will gasp at the size of the mountains, your feet will hurt, you will meet tons of nice people and you will never ever forget this journey.
The north-eastern region of Nepal is called Khumbu and is the home of the Sherpa-people and Mount Everest. Many trekkers in the area fly to Lukla and others travel by road to Jiri to start their trek there.
A few days of trekking through the highlands bring you to the entrance to Sagarmatha National Park and the village of Namche Bazaar – where the Everest Base Camp treks start.
The Everest base camp trek that passes through Sherpa villages, glaciers and finally to the lap of the world’s highest mountain. Mt Everest has been ranked 4th best treks in the world by Lonely Planet, the leading travel guide book publisher in the world.
The Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trek could be considered the ‘purest’ and most authentic trek in the region as it follows the same trails that the early pioneers in the 1950s would have used.
Instead of taking the short flight from Kathmandu to Lukla, the Jiri variation starts with a 8-hour long jeep ride to the town of Jiri where the trek begins.
Out of the 21-day journey, 16 days will be spent trekking for an average of 5/6 hours per day. The remaining days are spent travelling or acclimatizing to the high altitudes of the region.
You should be prepared for unpredictable weather in Nepal all year round and it’s best to avoid the harsh winter and summer monsoon seasons. The most popular times for Nepal trekking are late September to November and March to May. This varies depending on which route you choose, so double-check the best window for your specific trek.
Know before you go Jiri to Everest Base Camp
- The Drive Kathmandu to Jiri – Bhandar will be 8 hours
- This activity is subject to weather conditions on the day. If weather is not suitable for flying, the flight may be rescheduled
- If the flight (Lukla to Kathmandu) is cancelled, you can wait for next day
- Check all of your necessary things to carry
- Warm clothes and comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Jiri to Everest Base Camp Highlights
- Deurali , Nice valley view and Himalayas
- Lamjura Pass , Highest pass below Lukla
- Namche Bazar, Sherpa Capital
- Syangboche, Best View point Mt. Everest and other Himalayas view.
- Tengboche, Biggest Buddhist Monastery in Khumbu region and Mt. Everest
- Everest Base Camp, Close view of Khumbu Icefall
- Kalapather , Close view of Mt. Everest and Himalayas
- Lukla , Gate way to Everest region
Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trek Facts
|Trip Duration||20 days trip|
|Tour Location||Kathmandu – Jiri – Junbeshi – Lukla – Namche- Everest Base Camp – Kathmandu|
|Highest Elevation||5,545 meters / (18,514 feet) | Kala Patthar|
|Pickup Points||Kathmandu International Airport|
|Trip activities||Pickup + Kathmandu Sightseeing + 16 Days full board hiking + Guide and Porters.|
|Group Size||2-20 Persons.|
Day 02: Pre-trip Meeting and Sightseeing around Kathmandu valley.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu- Jiri- Bhandar. 8-9 hours.
Day 04: Trek to Sete village. 4-5 hours
Day 05: Trek over Lamjura pass to Junbesi. 6-7 hours
Day 06: Trek to Nunthala. 5-6 hours
Day 07: Trek to Khari Khola Village. – 5-6 hours
Day 08: Trek to Surkhe. – 5-6 hours
Day 09: Trek to Phakding. 4-5 hours
Day 10: Trek to Namche Bazaar. 5-6 hours
Day 11: Acclimatization day at Namche Bazaar. Day hike to Khunde and Khumjung Village.
Day 12: Trek to Tengboche Monastery. 5-6 hours
Day 13: Trek to Dingboche village. 5-6 hours
Day 14: Acclimatization day. Optional day hike to Chhukhung Ri.
Day 15: Trek to Lobuche. 5-6 hours.
Day 16: Trek to Everest Base Camp. Overnight in Gorakshep. 7-8 hours
Day 16: Trek up the Khumbu Glacier to Everest Base Camp. Overnight in Gorakshep. 7-8 hrs
Day 17: Morning climb to Kala Patthar Everest viewpoint. Afternoon trek down to Pangboche. 6-7 hrs
Day 18: Trek to Namche Bazaar. 6-7 hours.
Day 19: Trek down to Lukla. 7-8 hours
Day 20: Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu. 35-40 minutes.
Day 21: Transfer to International Airport for your onward destination.
- Arrival and departure transfers to and from Kathmadu International Airports.
- 4 Nights accommodation at Kathmandu with BB Plan.
- Full day Kathmandu sightseeing tour with private vehicle and english speaking cultural guide.
- Private Transfers Kathmandu to Bhandar for members and a guide.
- Three meals a day (BLD-tea-coffee) and twin sharing teahouse accommodation during trek.
- 15 Kg Baggage allowance for trekking per person carrying by porter (s).
- Experienced trekking guide during trekking as per group size.
- National Park entry fee (Sagarmatha National Park).
- Khumbu-Pasang Lhamu Village entry permits.
- Lukla to Kathmandu flight ticket.
- All wages and medical insurance for the guide and porters.
- First Aid medical kits for the Group and the staffs.
- Free assistance service for cargo and duty clearance in domestic flights.
- Our service charge and Government Taxes levied in Nepal.
- Wages, meals and accommodation of your guide and porters.
- Insurance and trekking gear for your guide and porters.
- Complete pre-departure information.
- 1 farewell dinner in Kathmandu
- Nepal entry visa fees
- Extra night accommodation and meals behind schedule (Foods and accommodations before and after the trek)
- All kind of beverages (coke, beers, water etc).
- Additional cost by out of management control due to the landscape, weather condition, illness, change of government policies, strikes, and physical condition, etc.
- Surplus luggage charges for domestic airport
- Personal expenses such as snacks, laundry, telephone, WIFI, hot shower on a trek.
- Travel insurance which has to cover emergency rescue evacuation from the high-altitude up to 5000 m.
- Personal trekking equipment for this trek
- Tips and Gratitudes for guide/drive.
|NO.OF.PERSON||AVAILABILITY||USD PRICE||INR PRICE|
|2-4||Guaranteed||USD 1590||INR 72340|
|5-8||Guaranteed||USD 1520||INR 68740|
|9-15||Guaranteed||USD 1480||INR 64450|
Do I need a visa? And what about passport requirements?
How much does it cost to climb Mount Everest base camp?
Is it hard to get to Everest Base Camp?
How dangerous is Everest Base Camp?
Do you have any training programs for the trek?
How many people have died climbing to base camp?
How long do you stay at Everest Base Camp?
How is the Accommodation on Everest base camp trek?
We need to book the hotels/accommodation in advance if traveling in autumn and spring as these seasons are the busiest time for the EBC Trek and if traveling in other months then we can find the accommodation easily.
Do you lose weight trekking to Everest Base Camp?
What is the best time to visit Everest Base Camp?
Is there snow at Everest Base Camp?
How do I get from Everest base camp from Kathmandu Everest?
What is the highest base camp on Mount Everest?
Can you trek Everest base camp without guide?
What food should i expect to eat on the trails?
How much additional money do I need per day?
What is the weight limit on Lukla flight?
Do I need travel Insurance for Everest base camp trek?
Is the Everest base camp trek worth it?
Is trekking staff insured and well equipped?
What is the process for tipping?
If your group thinks that the local staff have done an outstanding job and you wish to demonstrate your appreciation, then a tip from the group would be greatly appreciated. At the end of the trek, your leader will collect what you wish to give and will distribute it fairly amongst the crew at a final evening celebration where each individual crew member is acknowledged and thanked.