Khaptad National Park is a protected area in the Far-Western Region, Nepal that was established in 1984. Stretching over the four districts of Bajhang, Bajura, Achham and Doti it covers an area of 225 km2 (87 sq mi) and ranges in elevation from 1,400 m (4,600 ft) to 3,300 m (10,800 ft).
Khaptad National Park is known for residing birds like imperial pheasant (danphe), white-rumped vulture, peregrine falcon, bulbuls, cuckoos, etc. The availability of these species of birds has turned the national park into an area for bird-watching.
Khaptad National Park, situated in Far West Nepal, is already a few years on our bucketlist. The khaptad national park trek offers a fantastic variety of landscapes between the 1400 and 3300 meter. Due to its remote location, tourists hardly go there. For us a perfect destination to experience a new adventure.
Khaptad National Park (KNP) was declared in 1984 and located in the mid mountains of Sudur-paschim province of Nepal. It expands in an area of 225 km2 representing a unique pastures intermixed with coniferous forest. The Park partially cover four districts viz. Bajura, Bajhang, Achham and Doti. Read Article: What is Khaptad National Park famous for? .
Khaptad National Park Trek is a offbeat and underrated destination in Nepal. It is located at the extreme west corner of Nepal and is utterly beautiful. This National park is completely untouched which make it a more beautiful and at its full potential. Khaptad National Park is also a interesting place for its religious value and the stories that surround this place.
Khaptad National Park Trek Facts:
|Trip Duration||09 nights / 10 days|
|Trek Location||Far West, Nepal|
|Trek Grade||Easy to Moderate|
|High Elevation||Khaptad (3010m)|
|Pickup Points||Tribhuvan International Airport|
|Trip Activities||English Speaking Trek Guide + 5 days hiking + Kathmandu City Tour.|
|Group Size||2-15 Persons.|
Khaptad Trek Highlights
- The peaceful, scenic landscape of Khaptad
- Explore nature and culture around Khaptad National Park.
- Adventure in green hills, varied landscape and grassland.
- Great for spotting wildlife and birds, with 23 species of mammals and 287 types of birds.
- 567 species of flora have been recorded in the protected area
- Religious Sites
- Experience of Local diversity
Day 02: Kathmandu sightseeing tour.
Day 03: Fly to Dhangadhi and drive to Dipayal (1310 meters)
Day 04: Drive to Jhigrana and trek to Bichpani (1430 meters)
Day 05: Trek to Khaptad national park (1940 meters)
Day 06: Exploration around the national park
Day 07: Trek to Bichpani (1430 meters)
Day 08: Trek to Jhigrana and drive back to Dhangadhi (109 meters)
Day 09: Fly back Dhangadi to Kathmandu.
Day 10: Final departure to home.
- International & domestic airport transfers.
- 3 nights accommodation in Kathmandu with Bed and Breakfast plan.
- 9 breakfast, 6 Lunch, 7 dinner during the trip.
- Kathmandu Sightseeing by professional English speaking tour guide.
- Kathmandu – Dhangadhi – Kathmandu flight ticket.
- Dhangadhi – Dipayal – Dhangadhi Transportation
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner as mention in itinerary.
- Twin sharing accommodation while on trekking.
- Professional government license holder English speaking trekking guide.
- Sleeping bag and duffel bag during the trek.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Oxymeter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily
- 1 farewell dinner in Kathmandu
- All government and local taxes.
- All entrance fees for sightseeing places
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks.
- Your international flights
- Nepal visa fees & airport taxes
- Personal travel insurance (strongly recommended)
- Gear or equipment for your trek
- Personal expenses along the trek
- If you would like to ride on pony
- Tips for your city guide, drivers, hotels, restaurants, etc.
- Extra night accommodation then mention plan
Where is Langtang?
How difficult is Langtang Trek?
How long is the Langtang Trek?
How far is Langtang from Kathmandu?
What is Langtang National Park famous for?
Best Time to Go Khaptad Trek
Khaptad Trek is a very remote area where you will experience the real authentic Nepal with overwhelming nature. The best time to visit mid-September to December and March till the end of May. We can arrange a custom made itinerary for you including transport, places to sleep (in lodges or in a tent), a guide and porters. A roundtrip will take between 10 to 12 days, depending on your wishes, budget, health and trekking experience.
Accommodation, Food And Drink Facility
There are very few lodging option available around the national park. If travellers can find a few lodges in their way the National Park at Dipayal and Silgadhi. The lodges are not very expensive. Since, Khaptad National Park is a trek, many travellers choose to camp. The guest houses and the army barrack at the park takes care of the park and the visitors. They provide with place and food, but if travellers are in a mood to camp they should carry their own gear and food.