Welcome to the former Buddhist Kingdom of Mustang, stretching north from the Annapurna mountain range, one of the most dramatic and exotic corners of Nepal. The Upper Mustang Trek is the perfect combination of culture and trekking as it is intended. Far away from the more inhabited world and in the middle of the wilderness. Let the Himalaya embrace you and immerse yourself in the mysticism of the Mustang.
With its stunning landscapes and timeless Himalayan villages, Mustang is the stuff of trekking dreams. High permit fees discourage all but the most determined hikers, but the reward is a landscape of wind-eroded Buddhist chortens (stupas) and echoing ridgelines that stretch wave-like to the horizon. Although each trekking season brings in more of the modern world, for now at least, the Shangri-La image remains intact.
Upper Mustang trek offers a spectacular trekking experience in the remote trans-Himalayan mountain region of Nepal. The 17-day trip begins in Kathmandu with tours of UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Then we fly to Pokhara and next day fly to Jomsom and begin trekking. July to October are the most popular months to visit this region. During winter harsh condition cause a large migration into the lower regions of Nepal.
Upper Mustang Trek Facts:
|Trip Duration||16 nights / 17 days|
|Trek Location||Kathmandu + Pokhara + Jomsom + Chhuksang + Charang
+ Lo Manthang + Drakmar + Ghami + Jomsom
|High Elevation||3840 meters / 12598 feet|
|Pickup Points||Tribhuvan International Airport|
|Trip Activities||English Speaking Trek Guide + 11 days hiking + City Tour.|
|Group Size||2-15 Persons.|
Upper Mustang Trek Highlights
- Sight on the icy snow wall of Mount Nilgiri and on the imposing Dhaulagiri
- Back in time in this Tibetan tinted region, also called ‘little Tibet’
- On discovery in the magical walled city of Lo Manthang
- Very diverse landscape and incredibly beautiful, authentic chörtens, gompa’s and monasteries
- High-altitude landscapes of the Himalayas.
|Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu||1,350m/4,429ft|
|Day 02: Kathmandu: Sightseeing and trek Preparation||1,350m/4,429ft|
|Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara||827m/2,713ft||5-6 hrs|
|Day 04: Fly to Jomsom and trek to Kagbeni||2,810m/9,220ft||3-4 hrs|
|Day 05: Kagbeni to Chhuksang||3,050m/10,007ft||5-6 hrs|
|Day 06: Chele to Syanbochen||3,475m/11,401ft||6-7 hrs|
|Day 07: Syanbochen to Ghami||3,520m/11,549ft||5-6 hrs|
|Day 08: Ghami to Tsarang||3,870m/12,697ft||5-6 hrs|
|Day 09: Tsarang to Lo-Manthang||3,730m/12,238ft||3-4 hrs|
|Day 10: Explore Lo Manthang/ Acclimatization||3,730m/12,238ft|
|Day 11: Lo-Mangthang to Drakmar||3,810m/12,501ft||6-7 hrs|
|Day 12: Drakmar to Ghiling||3,806m/12,487ft||5-6 hrs|
|Day 13: Ghiling to Chhuksang||3,050m/10,007ft||5-6 hrs|
|Day 14: Chhuksang to Jomsom||2,700m/8,859ft||6-7 hrs|
|Day 15: Fly back to Pokhara||827m/2,713ft|
|Day 16: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu||1,350m/4,429ft|
|Day 17: Final departure|
- International & domestic airport transfers as per the itinerary.
- 2 nights accommodation in Kathmandu with Bed and Breakfast plan.
- 2 nights accommodation in Pokhara with Bed and Breakfast plan.
- 16 breakfast, 11 Lunch, 12 dinner during the trip.
- Kathmandu Sightseeing by professional English speaking tour guide.
- Kathmandu – Pokhara – Kathmandu domestic flight.
- Pokhara – Jomsom – Pokhara Flight.
- 3 meals a day during the trip (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) as mention in itinerary.
- Accommodation while trekking in twin sharing basis in guesthouses.
- Annapurna conservation area permit and TIMS card.
- Upper Mustang Restricted area permit fee.
- Professional government license holder English speaking trekking guide.
- Sleeping bag and duffel bag during the trek. (Refundable after finish the trip)
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- 1 farewell dinner in Kathmandu
- All government and local taxes.
- All entrance fees for sightseeing places
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks.
- Your international flights
- Nepal visa fees & airport taxes
- Personal travel insurance (strongly recommended)
- Gear or equipment for your trek
- Personal expenses along the trek
- If you would like to ride on pony
- Tips for your city guide, drivers, hotels, restaurants, etc.
- Extra night accommodation then mention plan
|2-4||Guaranteed||USD 2050||INR 115000|
|5-8||Guaranteed||USD 1950||INR 99000|
|9-15||Guaranteed||USD 1860||INR 96000|
What is Mustang famous for?
Is Tiji Festival Trek suitable for Kids?
The classic trekking route is straight up and down along the western, and more developed, side of the valley to Lo Manthang. Increasingly though, trekkers are making an epic loop up the west bank to Lo Manthang and then down the higher, wilder and far more remote eastern side. For those who really want to go off kilter though, Upper Mustang has a couple of highly adventurous routes including the crossing of the Teri La or the even more daunting Saribung La. Very rarely trekked, neither one is for normal trekkers; both require full expedition support and a willingness to blaze your own trail. It’s also possible to walk from Upper Mustang into the Dolpo region by one of several routes, though all are extremely demanding and take three to four weeks.