Dumji Festival Trek is relatively easy, following well-paved paths and local village trails throughout. The maximum altitude reached on the trip is less than 3870 meters. By Himalayan standards this is fairly modest elevation and the altitude issues experienced on higher elevation trek should not be of concern to us on this trek.
The Dumji Festival, which is celebrated in the month of June/ July, is one of the most popular and interesting festival amongst the Sherpa community of the Solu Khumbu region of Nepal. It is an annual festival commemorating the birth of Guru Rinpoche (the reincarnated monk). Lama Sangwa Dorji, the founder of the earliest monastery of Khumbu, was the first to start the Dumji festival in the village of Pangboche about 360 years ago.
The festival serves as a religious and community duty to help bring the villagers together. For the people of the local community, however, the Dumji festival also serves their mundane existential needs as it marks with the transition to spring time the beginning of the agricultural cycle. Every 13 years it falls upon three families to provide food and drink for the entire village for the duration of celebrations, which lasts for 4 days.
The main ritual acts include the purification of the ritual space, the calling or invocation of both the transcendental and the local deities, the offering of place, the offering consisting of seven substances, praise, supplication, and recitation of mantra in the course of meditation.
The most striking part of the festival is the “sacred masked dances” performed in a monastic context by trained dancers in colorful costumes and awe-inspiring masks symbolizing the protectors of the Buddhist doctrine.
- Explore and join in the Dumji Festival
- Witness the top of the world Mt. Mount Everest and other 8000m peaks
- Experience the real life standard of world famous climbers, the Sherpa people
- To see the flora and fauna of high Himalaya
- Opportunity to embark on an epic journey that our mountain legends Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay Sherpa set off on in 1953.
- Witness the highest altitude hotel in the world, The Everest Hotel, highest Altitude Airport & Everest Base Camp
- Panoramic view of mountain ranges from Tengboche Monastery (3870m)
- Logistic services garnished by warm hospitality of Sherpa people
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Fly Kathmandu to Lukla (2840 m) and trek to Phakding (2610 m) 3 hrs.
Day 03: Trek to Namche Bazaar. (3440 m), 6 hrs
Day 04: Namche Bazaar – rest day for acclimatization.
Day 05: Trek to Khumjung (3700 m)
Day 06: Observe Dumjee festival at Khumjung monastery
Day 07: Trek to Tengboche (3860 m), 5 hrs
Day 08: Tengboche to Namche Bazaar (3450m/11,316ft) 8km, 5-6 hours
Day 09: Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2,800m/9,186ft) 18km, 6-7 hours
Day 10: Early morning flight back to Kathmandu
Day 11: Free day in Kathmandu / Final Departure
- Pick-up and drop off at Kathmandu Airport
- 3 nights accommodation in a 3-star hotel in Kathmandu
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner while on the trek
- All necessary paper work and national park entry permits
- Domestic flights Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu
- Accommodations in lodges or tea houses during the trek
- Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS)
- 1 guide, and 1 porter per 2 participants, including porter’s salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transportation, and insurance
- All ground transportation
- Medical supplies and first aid kit
- Government and local taxes.
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu.
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa and visa extension fee
- Monuments entry fee in Kathmandu
- Single supplement in Kathmandu
- Lunch / dinner in Kathmandu
- Travel / medical insurance and emergency evacuation costs
- Personal expenses such as telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral water/boiled water), laundry
- Camera/Cell phone battery charge while on trek
- Personal trekking equipment
- Donation & tips etc
[wc_tab title=”Trip Price”]
|2 Pax:||3 Pax:||4 Pax:||5 Pax:||6 Pax:|
|USD 1280||USD 1160||USD 1080||USD 1005||USD 940|
For Indian Nationality.
|2 Pax:||3 Pax:||4 Pax:||5 Pax:||6 Pax:|
|INR 68500||INR 62200||INR 58900||INR 57650||INR 56780|